FOR SALE: 19829 182nd Avenue NW, Big Lake Twp, MN 55309
This custom-built home on the river offers universal appeal, and is designed for all lifestyles, including those that would require accessibility accommodations. It features quality craftsmanship, materials, technology and products, offering you a safe and healthy home for years to come. This home is specially designed with removable walls, breakaways, and electrical components, so that this home can easily be converted to 100% accessible in days.
Located in Big Lake Township, this home is minutes from the cities of Elk River and Monticello and has easy access to Interstate 94, Hwy 10, and the commuter rail to the Twin Cities. The home sits on the banks of the Mississippi river, a bonus to this already impressive home.
Let's talk features!
This home was intently designed to offer barrier-free access to the following:
- Front entrance
- Garage to kitchen access
- Basement entrance
- Bathroom vanity
- Kitchen work area
- Elevator/vertical lift
- All doorways are 3 foot wide with lever door handles
- 4 ft. hallways
- All Pella triple pane casement windows
This kitchen has it all!
- Varied height counters
- The sink has a pull-down faucet with free-flowing/spray toggle switch, one hand operation, recessed cabinets with 8 inch toe kick to accommodate a kitchen stool, and a soap dispenser within the sink rim
- Pull-out waste basket between sink and dishwasher for efficient clean up
- 37" electric cook top with front-positioned controls and halogen burners for fast heat without an open flame; sensor light indicates when burners are hot.
- Lazy Susan corner cupboard (2 tiers-large)
- Full extension pull-out drawers for access to back - multiple banks of large and midsize multi-purpose storage drawers.
- Central Vacuum "dustpan" at end of kitchen counter for handy and quick clean up
- Pass-through: 11-foot wooden serving counter (compliments fireplace mantle) for buffet-style entertaining
- Side-opening wall oven with lap protective pull out board
- Dining Room: Extra room to easily serve a sit-down dinner
This home offers an electric vertical lift, providing another form of access to the lower level. It has a 750-lb capacity with battery back-up, key-lock capability, plus you can control it from the hallway or the "call the car" convenience.
Two laundry areas!
There are two laundry areas in this home. One is on the main level, located just off the master bedroom closet. The other is just outside the exercise room and across hallway from bathroom. This convenience would be perfect to have after a swim in the pool, a day on the river, or for a possible mother-in-law suite or home-based business.
Master Bedroom Suite
- Built-in cabinets
- Wired for potential electric lift from bed to bathroom
- 4-foot sliding glass doors with spring-loaded screen door provides easy access to the balcony and exit ramp
- 4'x6' barrier-free shower - convenient controls at entrance with back-facing shower head (no door or curtain required)
- Separate cast iron soaking tub (large)
- Private water closet with bidet
- Vanity style sink with full-extension pull out drawers
- Laundry room with elevated washer and dryer (storage drawers) and large laundry soaking sink
- Walk in closet with double doors
7 parking spaces (2 levels, 1,928 total square feet)
- 1,048 square feet
- 3 stalls
- 3 over-sized doors (9x9/11x11/9x9 ft insulated steel panel doors)
- Water faucets (2 for soft and well)
- Heating: Plumbed for natural gas furnace; radiant heat from lower level
- Sheet rocked
- Triple pane Pella windows with view of river
- Service door that connects to sun deck
- Pull-down stairs to storage area in the attic
- Concrete driveway
- 880 square feet
- Double door (4 stalls) Insulated steel panel doors
- Heating: In-floor radiant heat (Uponor - Formerly Wirsbo)
- Sheet rocked
- Two car concrete pad in front of garage that connects to patio
- River-facing, river view, river access
Technology/Design for Present and Future Use
With continuous spray foam insulation applied to block and behind metal studs and sheet rock this home offers an ultimate insulation system, reduced outside noise, mold prevention, and draft-free living.
- Roof peak attic ventilation
- Monitored fire/burglary alarm system
- Cat 9 low voltage wiring (for high tech work and play) plus Wifi
- Whole house audio system
- Programmable irrigation system
- Tank-less boilers for in-floor radiant heating system (heats water on demand instead of a volume hot water holding tank - less energy consumption)
- Dual fuel heat (natural gas and electric) and air conditioning on off-peak power nap special rates (Connexus) plus large Jotul F600 wood stove
- All electric other appliances allows house to be on reduced residential energy charges (Connexus)
- Separate in-floor heating controls (by room or areas for reduced energy consumption if desired)
- Ceiling fans promote even warm/cool air distribution -less energy consumption
- High efficiency furnace with humidifier (April Aire)
- Air-to-Air Exchanger
- Whole house HEPA filtration system
Located in the lower level of the home is the exercise room, is where the FUTURE endless pool and sauna resides (working shower - plumbing and wiring in for pool and sauna). Pool and mechanisms are in room and ready to be installed. Once installed, the Buyer can call Endless Pool with exact measurements of the pool so they can make an accurate liner. Contacts and instructions available at purchase.
Moisture controls for pool and sauna that are in place
- Walls, floor and ceiling are cement - walls are sealed, door sills seal to prevent moisture leakage into the house and lower level garage.
- Pool mechanisms include a retractable insulated cover.
- Dedicated air-to-air exchanger to vent out excess moisture from the air
- Triple pane Pella casement windows and door are engineered to insert mini-blinds between panes for no-maintenance privacy (available through Pella Windows)
- Riverfront view and access
- Seasonal wildlife changes as well as seasonal riverfront fun
- Laundry area and bathroom: Right outside the exercise and spa room door for convenience.
- Whole house air - to - air exchanged
- Central vacuum "dustpan" for quick broom clean up
- Hurricane clips to best secure roof against high wind situations.
- Lifetime shingles
- Reverse osmosis drinking water at kitchen sink and refrigerator
- Water treatment system by Kinetico (Rented)
- Passive solar heating and cooling (4-ft overhang allows sun's rays to penetrate windows in winter, prevents rays enter in summer (per consultation with U of M)
- Garage positioned on north corner of structure to block house temperature - reducing winder winds
- Masonry construction: with continuous spray foam insulation applied to block and behind metal studs and sheet rock for ultimate insulation system, reduced outside nose, mold prevention, and draft-free living.
- Triple pane Pella tight sealing casement windows on house and garage
- Insulated steel garage doors
- Multiple ceiling fans for even heat/cool distribution
- Tank less boilers for in-floor radiant heating system on both levels of the house, exercise room and lower garage
- Dual fuel heating (natural gas - high efficiency furnace and electric) plus large high efficiency Jotul F600 wood stove
- Attic ventilation: Soffit and fascia plus roof peak ventilation system
- Attic Insulation: Continuous sprayed foam plus blown-in insulation on top
A glass door book surround protects books and other objects from dust. The bank of solid-door cabinets is wired for audio components, and connects to the whole house audio-system. Great place for library, table and a couple of comfortable reading chairs, open computer station for kids, baby grand piano, or you decide!
There are numerous outdoor spaces in this home. There is a front sitting porch, a large back porch that is screened and cedar lined with ceiling fan, and overhead lighting, plus audio that is networked with house, sun deck off the screened porch, balcony off master bedroom suite has an exit from master bedroom to outdoors with an "escape" ramp to front of the house.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity to own a quality, custom-built home designed to suit all stages of your life.
Official listing of Tara Mehalovich, Minnesota Home Venture, Inc.